Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Introducing . . .

Well . . . I cannot tell you how long I have been waiting to post this . . . I would like to introduce you to the newest member of our family . . .  set to make his/her arrival in August . . . in Moultrie, GA


This absolutely adorable little peanut is our niece/nephew and cousin. And we COULD NOT BE MORE EXCITED!!!

Josh's little sister, Megan and her husband, Will are expecting their first baby this summer and we are so stinkin' happy for them. (And so stinkin' happy for us!!)

I love Megan like we were blood sisters and not just "in-law". We find ourselves laughing and getting into trouble whenever we are together. I think Josh and I had one of our first fights when he felt left out with Megan and I.  We were meant to be sisters. She was so sweet to have me as her matron of honor and because I was pregnant with Sascha and Josh was gone most of that month, I was unable to make it to her bridesmaid luncheon. I have regretted it for 2 1/2 years because I missed the chance to be the big sister at a very important lunch. I did not get to ugly cry as I told her how much she meant to me and how excited I was for her. We were at the rehearsal dinner and I cherished standing next to her at the wedding, but I hated that I wasn't there for that sweet time when a bride’s closest friends laugh and cry over chicken salad. So, instead, I will give a little toast to her now as she enters this next amazing phase of life.

Boo . . . can you believe that it has been 13 years? I don't want to make either one of us feel old, but you have now known me for as long as you lived before we started making Josh mad! You are the little sister I always wanted and had to wait til college to get. Some of my favorite memories involve you. It's good to know there is one other person on our trips that scopes out where the bathroom is too. ;) I loved laying in bed with you at Disciple Now your 7th grade year and hearing you pour out your sweet heart to me and God. I have always thought that you were beautiful as you sobbed through our entire wedding weekend. Hands down, you are my best beach buddy. I am so grateful for the way that you love my kids and spend time with us when we visit. I cannot wait to do the same with your precious baby. I will never forget the first time you told me about that boy "Wiiiiiill" who was one grade younger. You still have the same look on your face all these years later when you say his name. I love that. And now you are going to be a mom. You are a natural with kids. You are going to be so good at this because there are few people I know who are more sensitive and thoughtful and giving than you. Do you know that the first night I met your family, we went to a movie and I was freezing and you gave me your jacket. Then, when y'all left you hugged me and made me feel so welcome. Your mama and Nonnie brag on how you are so helpful to Nonnie--not because you have to, but because you love her and Babe. Meg . . . you are a beautiful and sweet woman! I am so excited for you and Will. Y'all are gonna be awesome parents. Your 'mart you know!! I love you!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment