Monday, January 31, 2011

Dance Fever

Well . . . my husband acts like I have auditioned our family for Toddlers and Tiaras, but I have to confess that I had a BLAST at Caroline's dance competition. This is a whole new world for us and I had no idea what to expect going into it--I am happy to report it was a fun and exciting and even sweet time. And I am loving the excuse to have some alone time with Caroline. What a gift!!

Caroline and I left Friday afternoon for Fayetteville with our car all shoe polished up in support of Rock City Dance Company. We enjoyed a little Ramona and Beezus on the way up and I must confess I have a small crush on Uncle Hobart, although he is obviously over the moon for Aunt B. Then Caroline cranked up the tunes on her ipod and we sang our hearts out to Lady Gaga and You're a Good Man Charlie Brown and Wicked. Before we knew it, we were there and these two little loves were waiting for us.


Growing up, I was (am) extremely close to my two cousins, Nate and Josh. I didn't have brothers, they didn't have a sister, so we sort of became that to each other. Now we all have kids and it is so fun to see them love each other. Hudson and Hendrix (1 and 4) were absolute dolls and Caroline really enjoyed playing with younger kids who didn't see her as the bossy older sister! It was so much fun to stay with Josh and Liz and get a chance to catch up and just hang out.

Saturday morning came bright and early, though, and we were off to Bentonville High School (which is on SE J street, not NE J street as I typed into the directions . . . 1901 NE J street is a dirt road with a lot of no trespassing signs and barking dogs . . . just a little FYI).

Once we found the high school, we took our bags in, found our team's dressing room and put the finishing touches on Caroline. Then we waited. I felt like I was going to throw up . . . I was so nervous for them! But Caroline and her BFF Maggie were pretty excited . . .


Their group did great! And the dance company was sweeping the awards when we slipped out to head back to Little Rock! It was so much fun to cheer for our girls and the Rock City team!

Now it's back to the daily grind and life without stage make-up . . . at least until Hot Springs in 2 weeks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment