Thursday, October 27, 2011

Blogiversary

Saturday will mark the 1 year anniversary of Flying Years. That sounds like an excellent reason to eat cake and treat myself to a pedicure. I mean, it's hard work recording our memories and airing my opinions.

In all seriousness, though, I am so glad I started blogging. Sometimes, when I am in a sad, infuriating, sweet, or hilarious moment, I find myself mentally composing a post about it. Lucky for all of you (and some local businesses), I don't always get them typed and sent out to the world wide web, but there is something therapeutic about putting words to the events in life. (At least for me.)

I suppose if I was clever, I would set some bloggy goals for the next year. Or if I was egotistical enough, I would let all 3 of you vote on your favorite post. I am neither (or too proud to be open about the ego), so . . . thanks for reading and encouraging me to keep writing.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you started your blog--I always enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your blog! I love keeping up with your fam virtually and just know if we are ever in Motown at the same time we will have a ball together (and then create awesome posts about it later! HA!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you remember me talking about a little girl named Lauren that reminded me of Caroline.I taught her the year that Caro was in Kindergarten. Well, her sweet mama accidentally came across your Blog while she was looking for an update on Haley!! She said she started reading the one you wrote about haley and figured out that you were kin to me...I think the reference to that precious John Tyler did it!! She wanted to know what you did.....she thought you were a writer because she said the blog was written so well. She especially loved how you described Moultrie!! Mimi

    ReplyDelete