Monday, November 21, 2011

Hey, Kroger lady, I'm looking at you!

I wish I had gotten the email or news flash or text message reminder that yesterday was the official shopping day for Thanksgiving at our local Kroger because OH. MY. GOSH. I would NOT have gone had I know that every Tom, Dick, and Harry would be there with their respective spouses and 2 oldest children and at least 1 senior citizen from their family. Good grief the madness--and I was only shopping for the first 3 days of our week. 

(I prefer to do my holiday food shopping closer to the event when I can fully enjoy the panic of not being able to immediately locate all my ingredients and bemoan the idea of driving all over town to find them and then when I stumble across the last can or bag of something saying loudly "OH, THANK YOU, GOD!!" Shopping ahead. Pshaw.)

Anyway, somehow I managed to get almost all of what we needed while only hitting 3 or 4 other carts and only cussing a few times under my breath and only silently judging a handful of my co-shoppers. I was just about to breathe a sigh of relief as the last bag was loaded onto my cart when my checker, the lady who had just touched every piece of food I labored to purchase, announced to the bagger that she would not be going to see her aunt this week because she (the lady who touched my food) was not feeling well and would hate to risk getting her sick.

My family and the other 263 people she checked out, not so much worried about us, I guess. But, Aunt Cleo, no. worries. You will not be exposed to whatever plague she has.

No comments:

Post a Comment