Monday, May 9, 2011

Moms

Well, happy belated Mother's Day! I hope yours was as sweet and special as ours! My babies all made me a homemade card. You cannot beat that. Sorry, Hallmark, but I never want a generic store bought card again!

So . . . today, I am going to give a shout out to 4 moms who I am privileged to know and love and deserve a little attention!

First of all, my mom - she has always sacrificed and put everyone else's needs above her own . . not in a martyr way, but genuinely been glad to give to others. Mom, thanks for the example that you have set . . . thanks for loving me and believing in me . . . I am proud to be your daughter and so glad that you are my kids' Nana!! I love you!

Next, my mother-in-law - she raised the man who loves me and loves my kids and she loves me and my kids. I have been most impressed with her as a daughter recently, though. Her dad's health is deteriorating and she has had to move into that extremely difficult role of caregiver for him. She has always been a daddy's girl and she is loving him so well and preserving his dignity. I am so proud of her. I love you, Mimi.

Anonymous shout out #1 - to my friend who spent all of Mother's Day at the hospital only to be sent home because baby Brooke wasn't quite ready to come out. You showed her amazing love and selflessness not to throw a big fit and demand that someone make it happen! You are a rock star! It's almost over! Enjoy your mom and your sisters (and call me if y'all do anything fun . . . seriously)!

Anonymous shout out #2 - to my friend who just celebrated her first (Single) Mother's Day . . . ummm . . . can I be like you when I grow up? I am sooo amazed by what a rock you are--firm in your faith and in your decisions to do what is BEST for your kids, even if it is not what is easiest for you. Just when I think you can't blow me away anymore, you do . . . so proud of how you put your kids first yesterday! "No power of hell, no scheme of man, can ever pluck [you] from His hand!"

I could go on and on . . . my friends are incredible moms who make sacrifices and choices that challenge and inspire me. Thanks for helping me be a mom and encouraging me to love my kids well.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment