Friday, July 22, 2011

I don't know what to say, I don't know what to say

Remember that line? Can you name it?!

It's from the Cosby show and the episode where Theo and Denise have a wreck with Stevie Wonder's limo and he brings them all to the studio. Anytime I say "I don't know what to say," I can hear the Huxtables in my mind and then I start singing "I just called to say I love you . . . "

Bet you wish that since I didn't know what to say, I just didn't say anything.

We are in the DOG days of summer here. But it's really too hot even for the dogs. Lucky Tate is enjoying more time inside than out. I have also uttered the phrase "It's too hot to even swim" a few times over the last couple of weeks. I didn't understand that as a kid, but I get it now.

My parents got back this week from a European cruise and we are glad to have them back in the good ole US of A. I tracked their flight over the ocean and found it a wee bit disconcerting to see nothin' but water under their large piece of steel in the air.

We have kind of enjoyed an unscheduled week. It was kind of unsettling though . . . I kept panicking and checking my calendar, absolutely certain that we had missed some appointment or camp or event because we have not had this much downtime since at least 2010--we haven't even wound down enough to be bored.

I have been sentimental about Bo this week . . . he starts pre-K in a little over a month. That just feels like the beginning of the end. He's going to be in school . . . granted it's just 2 days a week, but still. The last (almost) 5 years have gone by sooooo fast. And as I was having an almost teary moment about it, Caroline pointed out that in the same amount of time from now, she will have a learner's permit to drive.

I went from sappy to nauseous.

Lord help a world where that child can drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment