Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Kindergarten Safari

Why is Bo going to kindergarten so much harder on me than the first two?! I find myself tearing up all the time about it. And the truth is, I am so thrilled that he is going! He has really had to fight and struggle to get himself kindergarten ready and I am proud of him for being such a hard worker and eager achiever. Maybe that's why it is so emotional for me . . . because I don't take it for granted or, maybe it's because I was so sure that I would get to keep him around for another year and I am grieving him leaving me earlier than I imagined.

Today the elementary school he will be attending had a Kindergarten Safari, and while a lot of  5 year olds gathered to preview their classes and play, moms and dads gathered in the dining room of the school to get educated on kindergarten. It is so much less overwhelming to hear about your child's first year the 3rd time. I am overly emotional, yes, but so much less concerned about how carpool works and what their day will look like and all the things I (rightfully) fretted over the first time around.

I asked Bo what they did when I picked him up and got the usual, "Oh, I don't know" response from him. After a few times asking, he said, "Well, well, well, we did NOT go looking for things." Hahahaha, apparently, Josh told him they would probably go walk around the school looking for things like the library and the dining room. They did eat animal crackers and drink juice boxes and take this adorable picture.


In TOTALLY unrelated news, I am an unwilling, reluctant, but total fan of Duck Dynasty. And if you don't know what that is, you probably don't have either a TV or any rednecks in your life. Holy smokes, it took about 9 episodes, but I kind of look forward to the new episodes and love, love, love Si, the crazy uncle.

And as long as I am making reality TV confessions, I have to say that I turned off the Bachelorette last night. I could NOT get into it. Don't get me wrong, I may give it another chance over the next few weeks, but I just found it hard to watch those guys act like a bunch of girls. Yes, I am incredibly unfeminist because I AM entertained when 25 women fight over 1 guy.

So, to recap, I am emotional and I prefer the redneck duck show to the MOST ANTICIPATED AND DRAMATIC SEASON OF THE BACHELORETTE!

Please, please, please stage an intervention if I ever start watching the gold panning show.

No comments:

Post a Comment