Friday, September 30, 2011

It's all about the pee pee

So . . . we bathe Bo and Sascha together because, well, we care about saving water. Or maybe we are just lazy like that, whatever. Anyway, they are naked together for a short time each night.  I'm not gonna lie, Sascha has definitely noticed Bo's "extra", um, shall we say, appendage? But, in true form, Bo has never noticed her lack of one.

Until last night.

The dynamic duo were sitting there amongst the bubbles and water playing Dinos and Dora when Sascha said, "OW!" about something. Bo was concerned about her hurting and it must have been high up her leg near the aforementioned area because when he decided to go in for a look, he gasped, "OH NO!! OH, SHASHA!! I SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR BOOBOO!!"

Well, now I was a bit concerned about this booboo, so I asked where it was and this is what I got:

"MOMMY, IT ON HER PEE PEE!! HER PEE PEE IS GONE! OH, SHASHA, I SO SORRY YOUR PEE PEE IS BROKEN!!"

And with every bit of restraint I could muster (because Bo is very sensitive about being laughed at), I explained that having a pee pee or NOT having a pee pee is what tells us if we are a boy or a girl.

And seriously, a light bulb went off for him. He is well known around these parts (no pun intended) for confusing pronouns. At any given moment, I could be a he or a she and Bo a him or her. He threw them around like they were interchangeable. But, last night, Bo literally got a clear picture of why we chose Sascha to be called a she and why we insist that he is, well, a he.

It's all about the pee pee folks. (Or lack there of.)

I can only hope he doesn't go to school next week asking to see if his friends have one or not to help clue them in on their gender. Never a dull moment around here, y'all. And people (I'm talking to you GAP lady) think the life of a stay at home mom is boring. Shoot. I haven't been bored in almost 10 years.

1 comment:

  1. I sincerely hope that my comment is not inappropriate, but this story reminds me of another story involving a puppy with worms (or more accurately a worm). Guess who!

    ReplyDelete