Saturday, March 17, 2012

Ears pierced

Sigh.

It is with bittersweet emotions that I type this post.

My sweet, 1st born, darlin' girl is growing up.

This is her last week in single digits . . . a week from tomorrow, she will be 10.

How is that even possible?!

There is a landmark activity that happens for her at 10 . . . why Josh and I chose 10 is either a mystery, a forgotten reason, or an arbitrary number we chose in the heat of the moment to appease a little girl.

However and whyever, though, we have been telling her for YEARS that she could get her ears pierced when she was 10.

We gave in a week early, and this morning, she went from this:

necked ears

To this:
even more beautiful than before (who knew that was possible?)

And it was with a minimal amount of cringing . . . see:


I will be honest, we were all a little worried since she has been known to take out a nurse or two for a strep swab . . . she was nervous too . . . can you tell?


But there was no screaming, karate chopping, or holding her down! Congrats, Care Bear!! You look so grown up and I am proud of you for not complaining or begging or pleading. You were a patient waiter and it made today even more fun!! I love you bunches and bunches!


Happy St. Patrick's Day and Happy Ear Piercing Day!!

1 comment:

  1. I was 13 when my mom let me get mine pierced and it was such a big moment for me! Interestingly enough, Brooklyn has NO desire to get her ears pierced. She repeatedly tells me she does NOT want them pierced. O--kay! I think it's tied in some way to her general terror of needles. Can't believe you have an almost-10 year old. Amazing. She's truly lovely.

    ReplyDelete