Friday, December 2, 2011

Writer's block

I could fill you in on the mundane details of our life . . . allergy tests, strep swabs, errand running, blah, blah, blah.

But I want you to come back and read again and do you really want to know every snotty detail of our life?

I could recount for you the experience that one of my children (who shall remain nameless out of consideration) and I had at the ped's office. Let me just say that kids are a lot stronger than they look and extremely inventive when it comes to finding ways to avoid a strep swab. I could have won wrestling awards for the holds I attempted and the nurse should get an award for her bravery in the face of certain injury. After several attempts, threats, cries, etc, we got a good swab that came back negative.

I then resorted to a brilliant/evil genius/mean/low/desperate moment of mothering to ascertain whether or not said child was truly sick. I "tricked" the doctor into threatening blood work if he/she wasn't feeling better in a day or so.

Josh and I had dinner with his boss last night, so I cannot say for sure exactly when he/she perked up, but y'all, it's a CHRISTMAS MIRACLE! THE CHILD IS TOTALLY FINE THIS MORNING!

In his/her defense, I do believe that he/she didn't feel great, but I question the level of malaise that he/she portrayed (somewhat convincingly too.)

On a totally unrelated note, our Elf on a Shelf, Jingle, appears to have gotten lazy this year. At least twice in the last week, he has been in the same place as the day before. It's like Sascha has given him tips on hiding. Hopefully he will get his act together soon.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment