Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sha Sha Speak

After having a child with speech delays, having one who is a tad advanced in her speaking is fun! Bo and Sascha would probably test at about the same level of speech right now. And that's fine, because Bo is improving all the time thanks to Mrs. Yauren (his adored speech therapist). But even with her impressive talking, the sweet thing is only 2 and gets plenty wrong.

Here are a few of my favorites from this week:

"My net is hurting!" - her neck, aka her throat, was sore

"I snecked!" (pronounced like necked, as in without clothes on, with an s in front) - her response to Bo yelling "I'm first!"

"I spaint hims bodnum." - Sascha's answer to what she had done to Bo; translation: I spanked his bottom

"Gairl" - girl

"I need some of you rink." - she's asking for a drink of my diet coke. Every other drink is specifically named--milt (milk), tea, water, etc--but any carbonated beverage is a "rink".

She likes to watch "Duhra" (Dora), "Mitty Mouse" (Mickey Mouse), "Tom and Zerry" (Tom and Jerry) and the "Wild Craps" (Wild Kratts from PBS).

"Mih Tepaknee" - Ms. Stephanie



I know there are a gajillion more that will come to mind as soon as I hit publish, but these are some of our favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment