Monday, April 2, 2012

Oh, Monday

Well, I am ticked off. Neither the housekeeper, the cook, or the nanny showed up today. And apparently, they left last night without reloading the dishwasher. I am seriously considering firing them.

Ha.

Don't get me wrong, I love being a stay at home mom and housewife. I am thankful that I can do that. BUT . . . some days I look around and think, "Well, shoot. I'm kind of sick of laundry and dishes and the kind of pain that can only come from stepping on a stray lego or dino or transformer."

And let's be honest, I struggle leaving my kids places, so staying home with them is the only thing I would want to do, but monotony is, well, monotonous. I love how my friend, Aimee, put it on her blog description: "I love that I get to be home with my kids, but let's face it, that can be tough. No day is the same yet every day is exactly alike (that makes sense, ask any mom at home)."


 We had a great weekend, despite the snafu of plans due to Sascha's fever virus. I have said it to several friends and my parents, but it bears repeating, Sascha with a fever is delightful. It wasn't high enough to make her miserable, just mellow her out. FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER I DID NOT HAVE TO CHASE HER OFF OF THE SOCCER FIELD DURING A GAME. Yes, EVER, I am not exaggerating. Girl has been Houdini-ing herself out of strollers and laps for seasons! Saturday, she curled up in my lap or played quietly with my parents. She didn't hit anyone all day or stomp her feet and yell, "NO!" Is it terrible that I was sad when she woke up today fever free? And. She. Is. Back.


Love her. 


In other Monday type news, there is something very suspicious going on in our silverware drawer. We received all of our silverware in sets when we got married . . . you know, a knife, a big spoon, a regular spoon, a dinner fork and a dessert fork. I can't remember the exact number we ended up with, but the balance is WAY OFF. I think, somehow, the big forks are kidnapping the other 4 silverwares and turning them into big forks. I am serious. I now have almost more big forks than I can fit in their slot, yet the others are dwindling to the point that I had to buy some more knives. Literally, there are twice as  many big forks as spoons. Where is my silverware going?! Has the sock monster grown tired of socks and moved onto silverware?

And my final confession/bemoaning . . . I didn't win. I ran out Friday night to pick up pizza for the fam and Josh called and asked me to pick up a lottery ticket for the 600 and something MILLION DOLLAR lottery. I have never bought a lottery ticket before, not because I am against it, but because I would rather waste my money on Diet Dr. Pepper or trash magazines like US and People. At least they give me something. I know the cashier thought I was an idiot because I had to ask the people behind me which lottery ticket I wanted and THEN I had to promise to give them some for their help if I won. That was fine, because, I reasoned, what in the world was I going to do with that much money . . . even after taxes. And then I thought about buying one more and sending it to the government--how's that for debt reduction? But, alas, I am not a millionaire, hence the maid and the cook and the nanny will not be coming, so I guess the only person left to move those clothes to the dryer is me.

Happy Monday, y'all! I guess waking up to a Monday is, as my Granny would say, "better than the alternative."

No comments:

Post a Comment